Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Emotions

Driving along the highway approaching Eaglehawk I was flooded with emotions......  It was just a week ago that my beloved pug Dharma went to heaven.  We buried her along with her favorite squeaky toy in a grassy spot in the backyard where she spent hours warming herself in the sun. Daisy our Pug cross spent time at mums with her dog Abbie to keep her company, on her return home Daisy has been miserable becoming our shadow, needing attention, affection and company.
Loving memories of 13 wonderful years with Dharma filled my thoughts, with each tear that trickled down my check I wondered am I ready for a new dog? These emotions escalated when I arrived at the address, taking a deep breath I opened the gate and walked the long drive way.  Observing my surrounds I could hear dogs barking and noticed an array of pug statues :-)
I'm here, ready or not Donna here I come!
I was expecting to fall madly in love with her at first sight, but it never happened?? Several face time phone calls to Phil I still wasn't sure.  I'd just driven 3 hours to go home alone?
It wasn't until an hour later when I was sitting on the veranda with Jock & Elaine chatting when Donna being cheeky was trying to climb up into another dogs bed when I called out using her new name "Delilah, come here" she turned and sprinted towards me into my arms .... she had me, she was coming home with me.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of Dharma passing on . Those furry beings have a way of working their way into our hearts (had a cat and dog pass on too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luan, yes we become very attached to each other

    ReplyDelete